The KNECHT trademark has been founded in the end of the 19th century by Adolph Knecht. The manufacturing of filters under this trademark has been organized in 1929. After the KNECHT trademark has been acquired by the MAHLE GmbH company in 1977, KNECHT Filterwerke S.L. has been organized in 1992; afterwards, two joint ventures have been organized together with the companies from India and Mexico. Currently, this trademark, under which filters are manufactured, just like a hundred years ago, is the property of MAHLE GmbH. Besides high quality, special attention is paid to ecological compliance of filters. The production facilities for manufacturing this product under the KNECHT trademark are distributed in Europe, as well as in the USA, Brazil, Thailand, Korea, the Philippines and in Japan.